View from the Burj Khalifa (No.1 in a Series)

Our 60 second space odyssey flight (elevator ride is such an unimaginative description) to the 124th floor observation tower of the Burj Khalifa was just the beginning of this quintessential "room with a view" experience. I don't think that I can describe how I felt when I gazed out, and so far down, to the roof tops of Dubai. I know that I was incredibly lucky to be there; with my husband, my camera and my tripod. We stepped onto to observation platform at about 4:00 pm, so we had plenty of time for daylight and twilight views. More to come . . .

12 responses

1. I was in Dubai last August during Ramadan. Unfortunately all ‘flights’ up the Burj were fully booked during my stay. After seeing this, I will have to get back there before my stay in the Middle East comes to an end.

January 20, 2012 at 1:15 AM

2. What a view! Very cool!

January 20, 2012 at 6:53 AM

3. Only one word describes this scene and I am not sure it really does — Stunning. Simply a great shot Barbara.

January 20, 2012 at 8:19 AM

4. wow Barbara, what a great shot and so interesting can’t wait to see more!!

January 20, 2012 at 9:07 AM

5. ugin

It doesn’t look real! Rather, it looks like an architect’s model of a future development. Your detail and color are wonderful.

January 20, 2012 at 9:23 AM

6. wow, that is just an amazing view. Almost looks like a model of some sorts. Crazy.

January 20, 2012 at 12:43 PM

7. Wow that’s incredible. I’m getting a little dizzy.

January 20, 2012 at 3:10 PM

8. I am not moving from my computer until this series is complete. What a VIEW Barbara! You have masterfully captured this scene, my dear friend, this is captivating… as a matter of fact, I just looked in the dictionary, and next to the entry for “Captivate” they mentioned your great image here!

January 20, 2012 at 7:03 PM

9. Magical! I can’t wait to see more of your Burj Khalifa photos. I think the Burj is an architectural gem of astonishing beauty and engineering prowess.

January 21, 2012 at 1:23 AM

10. That’s epic! Hope I get to be able to go up there when I’m there in June. And I hope the weather is nice like it was for you too!

January 21, 2012 at 5:14 AM

11. Pingback: The Coolest Photography Links Of The Week « « Gregory DeeseGregory Deese

12. I hope to see it in person one day, simply amazing! Thanks for sharing.

January 27, 2012 at 4:49 PM