Image

R-E-S-P-E-C-T

Sabi Sands Game Reserve - South Africa

Sabi Sands Game Reserve – South Africa

13 responses

1. Lion Unterhalter

Barbara, take it from this Lion that your photograph of this beautiful animal is truly splendid! Lionel in Cape Town.

March 17, 2014 at 1:29 AM

• Thankfully Lionel, you’re much more approachable than my subject in the image above! Thank you for your kind words and for stopping by today :-)

March 17, 2014 at 4:18 PM

2. Wow those eyes are mesmerizing.

March 17, 2014 at 7:36 AM

• Those eyes are heart-stopping Edith! It’s not often that I click the shutter and then just stare back!

March 17, 2014 at 4:23 PM

3. emonya jones

Everything is great: light, subject and processing. Beautiful shot.

March 17, 2014 at 7:48 AM

4. Such a magnificent creature, and such a beautiful portrait!

March 17, 2014 at 1:58 PM

5. I think this has to be the most beautiful photograph I have ever seen. Just stunning!

March 17, 2014 at 7:33 PM

• Thanks so much for stopping by Ailsa. I appreciate your kind words and your enthusiasm!

March 26, 2014 at 9:53 PM

6. What an AMAZING photograph, Barbara! It’s both chilling and mesmerizing both at the same time! I’m hoping you used the long reach of a big lens to capture this rather than wandering out into the direct path of this just wonderful big cat!

March 23, 2014 at 12:43 PM

• It’s really good to see you Toad; I can’t tell you how much your comments mean to me! A long lens and a very fast jeep were just the some of the safety details in place that day! Thanks too for sharing my image on http://www.lightstalking.com/ – it really is an honor :-)

March 26, 2014 at 10:01 PM